2016-08-19

FUBS Demo 3

Just finished uploading Fucked Up Burger Shack v1.3. This release is a little chunkier since it has been a week since the last update. Some things added: the first few scenes with Rembert, better work descriptions, a simple weather system, a new action to make extra jars of sauce, the basis of a new Robbery scene. I also fixed a bunch of issues all over the place but there are too many to keep track of right now. Hopefully 1.3 will be more stable all around.

I wrote some plans for where I'm going with Fucked Up Burger Shack. You can check it on the FUBS roadmap page HERE. In short I have a bunch of ideas that I'm going to be adding over time. A quick list:
    - employees and employee uniforms
    - fetish themed encounters via catering and other excuses
    - dating, relationships, and pregnancy
    - upgrading the business from truck, to drive-thru, to fine dining, to an outright brothel
    - and big goals like finding a solution to the family curse, crafting an ideal personalized restaurant, franchising the business, and leaving a great legacy.

I believe all of these things and more are possible given enough time and effort.

2 comments:

  1. It's a mistake only generating sales figures to the sixth decimal point. Real burger joints measure their earnings in nanopennies.

    Am I supposed to be able to meet the lawyer after he says to make a delivery? No followup event occurs after he tells you to take him a burger.

    Some instances of "!!Rule Not Found!!" show up in the Power Nap random event, mainly in place of a guy's butt or possibly balls, and semen I guess, and from a woman's pussy. I also noticed that a girl described as "barely legal" in her initial description turned into a MILF during sex acts. The event itself seems to stop being random if you ignore the customer, and will start showing up every time you take a power nap until you invite them in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to put out a release to try and fix all of these issues.

      >It's a mistake only generating sales figures to the sixth decimal point. Real burger joints measure their earnings in nanopennies.

      This sprung up after I fixed an issue that was causing all decimals to be ignored in the sales formula and stuff. Fixing that then exposed the real trouble that exists in representing currency in Fate. Without getting into nerdy details about data types and such, I'll just say that it is an interesting problem that I'm yet to solve. In the mean time I'll just round the currency I suppose.

      >Am I supposed to be able to meet the lawyer after he says to make a delivery? No followup event occurs after he tells you to take him a burger.

      I have to make sure that there are no errors here, but generally you are supposed to initiate the next contact. If you use the close shop action before 5 PM (I think) that should present the option to visit Rembert's office. If you just go home and sleep you'll never see the option, which would be considered standing him up. You'll also miss it if you wait past 5 PM.

      >Some instances of "!!Rule Not Found!!" show up in the Power Nap random event, mainly in place of a guy's butt or possibly balls, and semen I guess, and from a woman's pussy.

      I really have to go over all of the content to squash these. It's been kind of tough getting all of that working properly.

      >I also noticed that a girl described as "barely legal" in her initial description turned into a MILF during sex acts.

      This is the kind of bug that I like. Without looking at the source I know that the age of an 18/19 year old will be described as barely legal. The babe description is spitting out MILF, which I think is defined as a woman with children regardless of age. That means the 18/19 year old has at least one kid and thus is a MILF. Realistically it would be better to use something like teenage mom in place of MILF, or give an age range to MILF because at some point it should turn into GILF.

      >The event itself seems to stop being random if you ignore the customer, and will start showing up every time you take a power nap until you invite them in.

      What can I say. Customers love that sauce...

      Delete