2016-08-12

Quick update note

 
I forgot to mention this but when updating to a new version of FUBS you will need to delete the previous source folder in the game directory, otherwise the game will use the existing source and seem to have not changed at all! This is a side effect of the way the system is built for modding. When it has a saved game files path, and finds the existing files, it loads them.

Streamlining this process isn't a high priority right now, but is is something I'm aware of. I'd also like to avoid writing any code that deletes files from people's computers if I can avoid it.

In other news I am in the process of writing the first story events for Mr. Rembert. Having a lawyer on your side will be super beneficial as the game progresses. One sticky issue (pun intended) is how to deal with adding characters of a particular gender that the player would rather not have relations with. For players who aren't interested in m/m content there has to be a platonic option with Rembert. The reverse is true with no m/f content players and the Layla character.

I'd like to remain inclusive for players, but I think only people who leave all options enabled will be 100% happy. So then, my target audience would be bisexual men?

Another idea is to just make male/female versions of each story character. It kind of kills my ideas for who the characters are, but it could be worth a try for a few select cases.

Last thing to note is I added a simple weather system that will eventually play a role in burger sales, customer clothing levels, and other nifty things. I could already tie this weather system into the sales formula, but I want to make sure the weather is stable before having it wreak havoc on business.

5 comments:

  1. "You had to work your ass off serving everyone, but you made $0 this hour alone. You quickly realize that you are sitting on a goldmine."

    The Bunkville economy is strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. So the issue there is that without any food prepped you have nothing to sell, yet the sell/serve/sauce skills are still enabled. I want to leave them available because it would be too easy to just click through the game otherwise (you can use ctrl+1 to 9 to select options fast). I've been adding new text responses for the work actions to give the game a little more flavor and prevent nonsense responses like that. The real fix though is to allow some amount of short orders to be made on the spot. It wouldn't be as beneficial as prepping up front, but would make short order cooking possible which is the more realistic case.

      Delete
  2. I just saw that you put a road map up detailing future plans for the game. I spoke with every single person who has played so far, and they all agreed that the sex with impregnation part should be moved up in the list of priorities.

    Incidentally, in the current version customers never show up to buy anything, the game outputs "!!Rule Not Found!! instead of a gender in the random encounter, and trying to use the personal tour option doesn't do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is that those issues don't occur in the windows version. The bad news is the windows version is still 1.1.

      Delete
    2. As for impregnation, I've gotten as far as letting the player cum inside during the power nap encounter with women, but that only just scratches the surface. I plan on letting the player knock up everyone biologically possible and deal with the consequences, so it's definitely a focus.

      I'm really close to releasing 1.3 with lots of fixes for things. I can't quite pin down the exact issue you are having with the power nap event, but in 1.3 that I'm testing now it ~works~. I honestly haven't tracked the changes well enough to say what exactly was fixed from before. Could be the gender preferences not filtering correctly, or bad code with random generation, or just bad code for the scene.

      Delete