2016-08-09

Sales cleanup

FUBS Sales cleanup

I did a major overhaul of the business system. It now has hooks into several important factors that will affect sales later on, like weather, local competition, random events happening around the truck, employee uniforms, and yes employees. Of course all of those things are yet to be implemented. For now it does create different amounts of customers depending on the time of day as well as weekdays vs weekends.

I'm a little fearful that these changes my make the work aspect of the game too work like. This is one of those points where feedback would be helpful but I've gotten none so far. I wanted to hold off on posting about the demo anywhere until I got some feedback from people who stumble onto this blog, but that plan isn't working out so well.

Anyway, next up I'm going to build out the story with Rembert. I also need to make a platonic version of the Layla story and finish up her third scene. I noticed an odd bug with undo/redo but I'm holding off with that until later. I also have a few ideas for simplifying/enhancing the results of random NPC generation, but I might wait on that too.

4 comments:

  1. Currently it seems very work like, but that's because there's not much happening except work, so yeah. Does Layla do anything other than drop in and say hi yet? She'll cry when you tell her Stu is dead, but lying and saying he'll be right back doesn't seem to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Layla's first event is after the first day when you cleanup, the second event happens after you return home and sleep, the third happens the next time you setup the burger bus. I think I can shift these around so that it doesn't take so long to see them. After you've done those three Layla events you learn a new skill that enables the random encounter when you take a power nap.

      Delete
    2. So far I've only seen the intro event repeated multiple times. No second or third events yet.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for bringing this up. I just looked into it and found that the event was hidden by a copy/paste bug. I've fixed it for the next build I put out. I really should have tested that before releasing the demo, but eh, it's only a demo.

      Delete