2015-02-03

Text Piece Tuesday

Since screenshots don't make much sense with words, I guess there is this thing where you post a snippet of text for text games on Tuesdays. Without further ado, here is the opening passage for Crooked.
---


Dear Adaobi,

    What more can I say to you? You've heard it all.

    Everything significant that I've done this past decade is no news to you. There are probably Americans searching for you even as you read this, wanting any information about me you are able to give them. Some of them, I fear, may do more than ask. Even so, I am asking that you remain quiet about me and our correspondence. If there is one thing that you owe me, it is that respect, and you know it.

    Still, it is abundantly clear that an apology is in order. You wouldn't have sent all of my letters back if everything were peachy. Despite the fact that they were torn into pieces, it says something that you thought enough of me to keep them after all of these years. From where I'm sitting now I have more power than I could have ever dreamt of back when we were first introduced. Yet I'm not free from the wolves at the door, and haven't been for a long time. Adaobi, I'm taking this moment to write you because I may not have this opportunity again.

    I've hurt you. I can't take that back. I've done far worse to others who've mistakenly given me their trust, or foolishly betrayed mine. For some, I never had the chance to apologize, even if I thought to do so. My choices live with me every day. Some faces I'll never escape, and this weight alone may be my end. If by chance this letter reaches you, it will be my last.

    Adaobi my dearest friend, I am sorry.




---
Yeah I already get awkward enough writing to begin with, but add to that certain harsh reviews I've gotten in the past, and it makes posting this feel embarrassing. But I remember to tell myself that anyone reading this has probably checked out my past stuff and is still here for whatever reason so what the hell.

I might cut out this part of the game because it's really a crazy side story. Then again the whole game is planned to be a collection of crazy side stories. So yeah, if anyone needs me I'll be under a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment