2015-01-24

A Saturday Screenshot

How did the week go so fast? I should be working on a time machine, or better yet a cloning machine so I could make a few more of me to do things. Anyway here is a screencap of an addition I made to links to allow descriptive text within them.

  

That is done with code like this:
 [[Body Builder|desc("- this will prove your raw power -> Strength")]]
I'm also considering using passages as the descriptive text and or the link text, but I'm in no rush to implement that yet.

Anyway, the screencap also shows the talents that I've thought up for the game so far. I've spent the last week lurking around rpg.net looking for game design ideas and stuff. For the most part I left with more knowledge, but haven't made changes to my original ideas. 

I figure Crooked will have talents that are trained through various actions in game. Every in game day, talents that are trained will increase while all others decrease. I think it will be a fair way to allow the player to do interesting things in tight spots. I'm thinking there could be tiers to these talents. For example once you are good at a particular talent, it can decrease without use, but stay above a threshold. The most important thing is that there aren't any artificial barriers that become annoying rather than fun. I'm interested in any thoughts on these 'talents' or any alternative design ideas as far as skills/talents/classes etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment