2014-03-04

Plot

Do you like development updates? Interested in spoilers? Than do I have a blog post for you...
Hey you're still reading this? But, spoilers...

Alright well here is the working plot for Burn.

In Burn you play a pizza delivery guy named Warren who has a little crush on his coworker Megan. He works nights and she works days so they haven't had any decent time together to make friendly like. Coincidentally the night the game takes place Megan is called in to help close the restaurant. Warren's shift was supposed to end an hour before closing time, but he makes it a goal to put in a little over time (wink wink). The owner of the pizzeria, Marco, is like an uncle to Warren, so Warren is certain Marco will be accommodating and get out early tonight. In Warren's mind it's going to be a great night, but little does he know, this author (stops typing to point thumbs at self) isn't going to make it so easy.

And there you have it.

*note: this might not be the final plot.

Since the player will be a delivery guy, there obviously needs to be a few deliveries made. At first I only wanted a couple funny deliveries, but over time I've been thinking up too many good ideas I'd like to add. One particular delivery is turning out to be far more interesting than the main plot line, and I absolutely love it. It's actually so good I've started writing it first.

Mostly I just want to give this game the same kind of overall good feeling as Next Door Girl April. No dark stuff, just pizza and sex... mostly sex. Unlike NDGA though, I've started this project with lots of planning. The design document I've made is around 50 pages of maps, bios, timelines, stats etc. That stuff is really helpful when building the world and figuring out personalities. The lighter mood of the game also makes it easier to write and work on. I'm hoping to have the game written up some time this month and I'll have to start looking for play testers, which is another thing I haven't done in the past that I should have. I'm expecting a lot more support issues since this thing is in Unity, but I'll handle that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment