2014-03-24

Different approach

Here are some images from my new setup. I'm still working on making things as simple as possible to go from these visual objects to a usable output.


The nouns come in a variety of shapes and sizes depending on what they might be sized like in relation to each other. The spheres are all verbs for each particular noun. Its a little crowded but there are various ways to filter out game objects in the scene view. Layer filters can hide entire groups of things pretty easily. Also there is a useful search field that can drill down on names, tags, types etc. within the scene. Here is a zoomed out view of this level.



As you can see I've barely scratched the surface for actions on the various objects in this level. I went a little overboard with prefabs and had to start over from scratch with verbs. The entire scene is saved in a file so it's easy to revert back to previous versions as long as you duplicate the file from time to time. Once this stuff is built all of the game objects are turned into the jibberish in this next image with the click of a magical button.



The conversion is still a work in progress, but I already feel like I'm ages ahead of the stuff I was doing previously. Most importantly it's actually fun putting this together. I can't say that I've really enjoyed developing anything text based for months now. In all honesty I doubt I'll meet my monthly deadline for plan E (might have been F) but I'm sure going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment