2014-12-14

Scenes, too many of them

I should really know better than to start writing new scenes without finishing old ones. I just come up with ideas and start writing without thinking about all the work that it takes to get them done. I've gotten to a point where I have 20 scenes that are incomplete in different ways. There is no realistic way I can get them done by the end of the month. For now I've at least recognized the problem and stopped writing before it's too late. I'm in the process of testing the game to figure out what scenes are necessary to have for the demo.

A few other things. In the spirit of 'borrowing' I've decided to implement fair math from ChoiceScript to help handle stats. So far I'm liking it, but I worry that I might have problems managing the numbers later on. Also, I've added keyboard shortcuts for undo, redo, save, etc. My goal was always to be able to scrub through history super smooth like with Ren'Py. I think I'm getting there.

And last but not least a little info about the game. I'm calling it Ever Forward. You play as a 28 yr old guy celebrating his birthday. Yeah I could be more specific, but I don't like spoiling things.

No comments:

Post a Comment