2014-12-02

Substance-less update

So yeah, my nanowrimo attempt failed. I got to a point where I just disliked where my story was going and didn't have the time to back up and rewrite. Maybe next year...

Instead I focused on Fate. I made a few porting attempts and long story short, decided to stick with Unity. Along the way I made a bunch of changes to the system, some of which broke the entire visual editor code. I also bit the bullet and redid the interface using Unity's new UI system. There are a few important things that I need to figure out how to approach, like embedded links and noun/verb display. For the most part it works.

More than anything I would really like to release one game this year. Just one. Something is far from ready, so instead of trying to rush that, I am dusting off one of my many abandoned projects. I gave up on the game I have in mind due to the heavy amounts of state involved. It was a pain to work with all the conditional statements needed in Twine. My hope is that the syntax Fate uses for branching will allow me to build a decent demo of the game while maintaining my sanity (or what's left of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment