2017-01-03

Now What?

Now What?

It's a new year. Y'know what that means right? No? Well buckle in, cause it's time for a good old fashioned p4p brain dump.

tldr: I've built up a lot of systems, so now I'm going to focus on adding content to FUBS!

WARNING, IDEA GUY-ISM, SLOPPY VECTOR ART, AND PISS GIFS INSIDE

 

The loop

I first ran into Twine back in 2013 and I was immediately hooked on making adult text smut games, but THEN I always had problems with either the project I was working on or the engine I was using. And so whenever a new year came around I found myself repeating the same pattern:
  1. feel disappointed about whatever project I worked on the previous year
  2. burn the house to the ground with as much fire as possible
  3. start fresh with a positive outlook
  4. crash and burn a few months afterwards for some new reason/s.
But 2017 is different. This is the first year that I'm not filled with regret about the previous year and trying to wash the smell of gasoline out of my clothes.

I started 2016 with the goal of rebuilding my text system Fate, and 6 months later it actually ~worked~. Then for the following 6 months up to now I've been building Fucked Up Burger Shack, by far the best adult text game that I've ever done (not saying a lot tho).


IMAGE OF FUBS DESIGN DOCS


Leading up to this new years blog post I had a negative mindset, but then I realized I don't have much to be regretful about. FUBS is far from perfect, but it's a hell of a good start and I really enjoy working on it.

So that just leaves one question-

IMAGE OF LUTHOR


Apologies if you don't know/care for the reference, but fuck it, I'm bloggin'!

Plan D


IMAGE OF SPREADSHEET
This is only one graph cause I don't feel like screencapping everything. I had to make the gif below afterall

After analyzing the last 6 months via spreadsheet, I've found that the majority of my time was spent developing various systems for FUBS and misc work on Fate. Now that a lot of core systems are in place my focus for the next 6 months will be adding more content to those systems. So the answer to 'now what?' is MORE & MORE!

IMAGE OF AVA DEVINE BEGGING FOR MORE PISS

Okay not so much watersports (although watching old school Ava Devine is convincing). Here is what's at the top of my TODO list:

  • More main story scenes to drive the game forward. I want to get to the 'Shack phase' sooner rather than later. I mean, the game isn't even true to the title yet.
FUCKED UP BURGER SHACK

  • More interactions with Randos that lead to all kinds of sticky situations. I especially want to dive into impregnation and cheating, and consequences. And I could go on and on about what I want to add to booty calls. Actually, I'll just post the node graph that I've been building for a while.

View post on imgur.com

  • More details for RandoEngine. Specifically I want to add more of the little details that make people unique, like tan lines, fingernail colors- hell I've given this list enough. I just need to buckle down and do it. Oh, and I had an idea about generating biological relatives (twins, siblings, parent/child[18+] pairs). Gotta do that ^_^.

  • And last but not least I have to get the AI going for roommates and employees. I just love the idea of having virtual play things to slowly corrupt using cursed cum. I need it!

Road Map 2.0


I've turned the Road Map into a Tree to better match what I've done so far and my best guess about how development might progress over time.

View post on imgur.com


There are a few new ideas added too (dairy farm is right up my alley), and others that I shouldn't even list, but what's done is done. All of that said, there's no telling where my 'staff of creativity' will lead me. I can only follow the commands that it and my 'orbs of knowing and creation' provide.

TAKE THE ROAD MAP IDEAS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!

The road map is my equivalent of being a kid in a toy store wanting everything I see. Realistically there isn't enough time in the day to get all that goodness built any time soon. Of course there's always the dream of swimming in Patreon bucks so I can spend my days at the beach building FUBS on my laptop while I eye half naked bodies for inspiration, then get sucked and fucked by multiple cabana club style coke whores all night, every night, until ATF raids my Beverly Hills Condo collecting multiple incriminating pieces of 'evidence' that lead towards a swift arrest, conviction, and 10 year sentence, leading to me meeting my new cellmate Bubba Joe, who will force me to be his prison wife to which I'll probably accept (as if I have a choice) in return for moderate protection from king pins and other top level thug types who inevitably would want dibs on my ass, to which I prolly wouldn't normally protest so long as it were friendly and low key as opposed to drop the soap style rape, not that there is anything specifically wrong with that, just that I like to think I'm worthy of slightly better treatment, but alas the choice would be out of my hands, until I would find some glimmer of hope in a chance encounter with a state provided criminal defendant who would see diamonds in the rough of this here AIF developer. We'd successfully appeal my conviction due to my heart-o-gold, and live together while I get my life back together, and it would probably go well during our honeymoon phase, then the poor sap would learn, via hiring a private detective, that I was unfaithful all along with multiple partners because I could no longer be held down by any one person after my harrowing prison time being anally raped multiple times daily. Yeah, after my release from probation I would probably go through a dramatic phase of disappointing them time and time again until they break and demand their independence from all of my 'bullshit', and they'd leave me homeless and broke at a rest stop on fake trip to Vegas. Of course I'd have to start up the slow process of begging and collecting cans in my makeshift tent house until I could afford to buy a laptop that could run Unity and use internet access at the public library to post 'FUBS Reborn' updates, then find myself worse off than where I started as an anonymous creep online delivering text based games to the public getting enough support via Patreon to work on FUBS full time, but I'm not counting on that.

Thanks for reading through this insanity and keep an eye out for the next version of Fucked Up Burger Shack!

No comments:

Post a Comment