2016-10-09

Fucked Up

Something is broken in FUBS, I have no idea what it is, but I'm carrying on anyway.

This week I was working on a new chikan event. Thing is, the feeling of groping an absolute stranger's ass deserves an accurate and detailed description. Something like this:

'Admiring how the lean babe's skin tight yoga shorts accentuate her bubble butt, you brazenly squeeze her ass cheek with your hand, delighting at the soft feel of cotton and ass flesh.'

That kind of thing is important, so I went through all of the upper/lower clothes and underwear that Randos wear and added new stats to them for things like fit, exposure type, texture, fabric, fun bits coverage, etc. After painstakingly defining these things for like 100+ items, I opened up the game to test it and the screen froze on the debug page.

After a bunch of tinkering with the source I couldn't find the problem, so I just rolled back the changes but the error was still happening. Then I fiddled with the code for the game to try and see if I could spot something, but came up short.. Just as I was ready to write a post about burning everything to the ground, I tested the game one more time and the freeze was mysteriously gone -_-.

So something horrible is definitely lurking in the source of FUBS or the code that runs it, but I have no idea where or what is. I'm not going to worry too much about it because I don't want to sink time into it. I have lewd to write!

4 comments:

  1. I can make FUBS spew radioactive green vomit before it even lets me start a new game, so your freezing issues don't impress me much.

    http://imgur.com/a/MQWKL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <_<
      heh. I call that the plague screen of death. Good systems give meaningful messages about errors in source code. Unfortunately my text system isn't so good at that :(

      Delete