2016-10-03

Fucked Up Burger Shack 3.9

Finally an update ... and it's mostly bug fixes. I suppose fixing issues is important, but September was a real drag for me. I like pretending everything works 100% so that I can continue adding things, but then people find issues here and there and I'm all like making tasks lists and junk. I want to spend my time writing Chikan, not doing Kanban! I honestly can't even bring myself to write about all the bug fixes, so here is the halfhearted change list.

Version 3.9
Features
    • General
        - Added debug links to test story events
        - Added location Sex Shop
    • Events
        - Added SIM 01
        - Added RANDO 02 sauce failure path
        - Added RANDO 05 auction
    • Randos
        - Added Ass Shape generation based on weight, muscularity, race, etc. and updated ass descriptions.
        - Added Cock Curvature generation
        - Added preference for hormone levels in order to generate more pleasing Rando's
     
Changes
    • Events
        - RANDO 03 remove cum farting line
    • Randos
        - disable MILF/DILF babe descriptions for better balancing
        - increase hair length for feminine men

Improvements
    • General
        - Update to Unity 5.4.1
        - Increased scroll sensitivity
    • Events
        - DAY 1 Add fast option select instructions
        - REM 03 "You are such a dirty." statement was vague.
    • Randos
        - Flatten the odds of babe descriptions for more variation

Fixes
    • General
        - prevent depositing and withdrawing negative or zero values from the bank because apparently that's something cubano tried -_-
    • Events
        - RANDO 02 "on pants" typo
        - RANDO 02s fix trans woman content
        - RANDO 03 added missing stat bars on event exit
        - RANDO 03 fix trans woman content
        - REM 01 dead link
        - REM 03 rule name conflict causing loop
    • Randos
        - womb description fertile typo


This is also the first release that I'm putting on Patreon before making it public. I'm hoping folks won't mind this too much, since 3.9 doesn't have much new stuff... okay there is something kind of nice, but it's nothing major at all >_>. Next release things will be more balanced since I'll have something to make public along with the Patreon early access.

My goal for October is to focus solely on events. All of the events. I want to get to the point where every work action leads to something lewd. All of the lewd. I have a bunch of fleshed out plans for scenes, and I shouldn't have to mess around with Rando generation or descriptions to get them done. Of course, my plan for 2.9 was to just do bug fixes, then it all piled up and I ended up adding the curved cocks and stuff just to ease my mind.

Oh and as for the worst of the bugs, the mysterious memory leak, I can only hope that it was related to something in Unity itself. I've updated to a newer version of the Unity Editor that has supposedly patched some memory leaks. Hopefully this is the root of the issue, but I honestly don't even know.

4 comments:

  1. "RANDO 03 remove cum farting line"

    Sorry, but I've made the decision to no longer play FUBS. It was fun while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only a quick fix because I wasn't in the mood to write a more involved description of farting cum. It's a TODO :)

      Delete
  2. So I miss MILF randos already. Am I wrong in guessing that they're a casualty of having too many criteria in their rule selection? Are there possible workarounds for stuff like that? Like a hypothetical randoMILF descriptor that has a chance to replace a randoBabe descriptor if a rando has kids? In general it would be nice to have specific and detailed descriptors for randos that pop up during scenes, but that don't override every other possible description and thus get repeated endlessly.

    Also, is it possible to effect rando generation on a scene by scene basis? Like if the player decides to feed the attendees of a Klan rally or BLM protesters torch the Burger Bus, is there a way to make it so any randos generated during those events show up as only white or only black, respectively?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >Am I wrong in guessing that they're a casualty of having too many criteria in their rule selection?

      That's the exact issue. As for workarounds, the easiest solution is to normalize the criteria count on all rules so that they have an equal chance of appearing. But that is counter to the real power of the system in picking the most specific thing to say. I've started doing this but I don't like it.

      Another solution is to create an entire subset of babe descriptors for milfs/dilfs. Problem there is I'd need to create more and more subsets for all of the different ~types~ that there are. That would compound even more once multiple partners are involved, so I'm trying to avoid it.

      The hard solution is to add more complexity in the actual code so that embeds that can call embeds. For example [^p1Babe] could itself call ([^p1Milf] + [^p1Babe]) or [^p1Babe] at random. This sounds like what you are describing with the randoMILF idea. It is the ideal fix since it also helps with combos like [^p1ChestAndAbs], which could then call [^p1Chest] + [^p1Abs]. The trouble is that the specific code needed is kind of complex to write. It's something that I have to really think hard about, so I've delayed doing it.

      >Also, is it possible to effect rando generation on a scene by scene basis?

      I feel like a broken record, but this is another one of the things on my radar but not yet high priority enough. One use I've already had to delay is when I specifically want a male/female Rando for a scene tailored to them. Another case is that robbers should be wearing robber like clothes and have criminal type personalities. Why I haven't done this yet is first that I wanted to make the separation between Randos are partners. That's done now, so the next hurdle is that I want to write more general scenes before diving into specifics. Since players who exclude men for example will never see a male Rando scene, it seems like a good thing to delay.

      Delete