2014-01-29

January Update

This month I've been working on tools for my next project. I've put together a pretty good system for displaying text inside of Unity. The system outputs a blob of text and lists links at the end visually just like Twine. It even imports Twine files because I had hoped that I could just import old projects into the system, but it won't be so simple. The issue is that my Twine files are riddled with macros for all sorts of things. In the long term a parser for all the macros is a good idea, but in the short term I have enough to work with to build a game already.

Since it is Unity, I could also do a lot more than what I've been doing in Twine but I don't plan on adding lots of features at first. I'm going to put the system through it's paces with a small test game and see where I go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment