2013-06-03

What is this exactly?



I forgot to actually talk about the project ... here goes.


Next Door Girl April


Widowed after a loving marriage, Donald Hardeman leads a quiet secluded life in a big empty home. Donald maintains a small electronics import business to fill his otherwise misery filled days. He wakes to a large empty bed, goes to his home office to tend the daily orders and then cries his memories away at night. Donald longs for the feeling of a woman's warm touch, but he hasn't yet recovered from the tragic loss of his wife Nellie and subsequent disappearance of his adult son Raymond. Donald's world turns upside down with the sudden appearance of a familiar face from the past, that of the next door girl April, who has blossomed into a beautiful young woman.



The Project


So I decided to make my first Twine game and came up with this story. It is really just a side story between some characters that are part of a little game universe in my mind. Using Twine was the easiest way to actually put together the story and get people to play it without needing to install anything or figure lots of stuff out. You can basically load it up and play, which is really a good thing I think.

I worked pretty hard on making the game good. I just wanted to make an adult game that I would want to play. I've always had greater ambitions for the project, and have kept in mind transitioning it into a fully 3d game. Twine was simply a starting point. Once I was confident that I was on to something good, I began searching for play testers for the game.

I took the game to an erotic literature forum and was rejected ... for various reasons. I pm'd someone on another forum and they were impressed by the story. They helped me with a bit of editing, but then disappeared. I eventually made my way to Shark's Lagoon and made a post about this game there, which is likely how you found this page.

My overall take away is that there isn't much of a community available for adult Twine games. I know there are a few other satellites of games around the internet, but there really isn't a single place for this specific sort of game. I don't mean to complain, if there were something I could do I would. My time is currently better spent working on the project, and so I've continued with the development of the game.

For those that have played the game I've gotten mixed reviews, but the majority of opinion has been that I should add Art. Honestly I agree, and have begun the process of making the game 3d. I don't intend on using renders, but rather I hope to create a real time game using Unity3d.

So yeah, that's where I've started and where I'm headed.

Oh, and prayForPlague is just a pen name I got from the username of an old friend of mine. I might change it to something more interesting.
Something like ... Ship happenstance, Colt ultrasmith, Pinch soberman ... ahhh p4p for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment