2016-09-25

Ass shapes and curved cocks

I've been ticking off more bugs this week. I fixed a few problems with Rembert scenes like an occasional loop and a dead link. I'm doing a pass over all of the story scenes to make sure that little errors are fixed. Part of it is having a good strategy for how links between rules are named. I've been working something new out for that.

On to Randos. So now Randos have generated ass shapes. Previously ass descriptions were kind of decided based on BMI and hip size. Now various factors go into setting which of ten or so ass shapes get assigned to a Rando. Frail Randos get bony and flat asses, super muscular types get muscular glutes, those with slimmer waists and wider hips get hourglass shaped asses, black women are more likely to get donks and badonks, etc. I think these are good things!

And Randos with cocks can now have cock curvature. My ~research~ into this tells me that it's actually a disorder to have a bent schlong. I don't plan on introducing any negative impact for curved ones though. If anything it should be a bonus. For now though there are just special descriptions for cocks that are curved up, down, left, or right. That's right, it's important to describe which way they bend!

I'm not quite ready for fingernail colors yet (sorry cubano :P). Makeup, facial hair and style in general will take a lot more thought before I can get them working. I don't even have matching underwear being generated yet, but these things are on my radar.

Finally I've been working on some content based on a suggestion from one of the Patreon folks (the only one actually :S). I think it's kind of helpful to break away from my normal priorities to bump up stuff that I otherwise wouldn't have gotten into yet. I'll keep this addition under wraps until it gets into the next release.

And speaking of releases, now that summer is over my dev pace has slowed down some. I think I'll shift towards monthly releases because otherwise I'm not feeling as if the week-to-week content is significant enough to warrant a full release. I'm aiming to release 3.9 before the end of the month. Actually that reminds me, there's 1 more thing to mention.

I've upped the compatibility number to 3 because I've done a large refactor of Rando descriptions which breaks previous game saves. The change was to make all of the descriptions of a Rando describe a generic partner instead. What happens is the Rando gets generated, all the stats of the rando are copied to a partner, and the partner is the one described in encounters. One benefit of this is that the state of a Rando is easier to track and change. For example, rather than magically knowing that a Rando is a virgin, it can just be a 'flag' that could be discovered in order to change descriptions. This addresses oddities like the MILF/DILF debacle. Most importantly though this change paves the way towards another big step, generating multiple partners.

7 comments:

  1. A schlong can also gain a curve if someone jacks off, uh... incorrectly, I guess. If scar tissue develops, then it's going to start curving towards where the scar tissue's at 'cause it's not able to expand/engorge properly.

    Anyways, man, if I had the budget to spare, I'd send $5 your way through Patreon 'cause I think you've got something pretty awesome going on here. I might be able to pledge in the future, but for now I have to sit in the comments and send my best wishes. :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's just confirmation that 'straighties' are doing it right! Seriously though penis injuries are frightening and mood killing for me at least. Seems like down the line I may need to make curvature a preference, and possibly circumcision too.

      Comments and best wishes mean an awful lot in my book :) Thanks Lithophene

      Delete
    2. It's not always caused by an injury! I can give you one example from an ex of mine. When he was younger, apparently while he was ~discovering his body~, he used his knuckles to basically knead his dong and wound up gaining a bit of a curve 'cause of it. A poorly done circumcision can also cause curvature.

      If you do decide to broach whether Randos are cut or not, you should definitely make it a preference. There are some people out there that are completely repulsed by foreskin for some reason.

      Delete
    3. There are already uncut Randos! I believe it is just weighted pretty strongly that you'll see far more cut cocks in the wild. And when you do find an uncut Rando, the cock description may not even mention the uncut part. The game considers age, class, length, race, thickness, cut/uncut, wealth, and now curvature to give a penis description. There are built in ways to weight, rank and prioritize these kinds of things, but I try to limit the time I spend tweaking because I've had days disappear when I get into it :S.

      Delete
    4. "There are some people out there that are completely repulsed by foreskin for some reason."

      There are actually quite a few people who feel the opposite. They consider circumcision mutilation and needless child cruelty. They're also far more vocal and passionate about it than most random people that find foreskin icky.

      For an example related to smutty games check out the Free Cities dev. When he added foreskin and circumcision descriptions to the game he got quite a few comments from people that wanted an option to opt out of circumcision because they found it inhumane.

      Delete
  2. I had assumed time loops were a planned feature so now I'm disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun fact, a few years back I prototyped a Groundhog's day style game using Twine. Actually it was one of the projects that drove me to work on my own text system, because the complexity of what I wanted to do was impossible to manage without hacking the balls out of Twine. Will the main character in FUBS ever visit Formula Gray Labs in the bizarre town of Cloverfield to the North of Bunkville, where he could meet Dr. Omer Svendsen and discover ~the device~? Probably no time soon...

      Delete