2016-12-01

Fucked Up Burger Shack 4.12

I haven't been blogging as much recently, so here's one. A few days ago I put out version 4.12 of FUBS on Patreon. Yeah it has more sex scenes and some new features, but what really matters is I was able to include references to Pokémon and Trump in a single scene. In a nutshell it includes: a new chikan encounter, can save Randos as contacts and have booty calls with a new experimental sex mechanic, game now has text color and a new font, Randos have more dick, breast, and other less important sizes, Lots of details for clothes, some other stuff.

Fucked Up Burger Shack 4.12 Changelog:

• Added ability to furnish apartment (currently just tv and couch)
• Added ability to purchase more stap-ons and stock replenishes weekly
• Added ability to save Randos met in positive encounters as contacts (currently 5 contacts can be added)
• Added basis of doll generation
• Added Booty Calls
• Added indefinite article generation
• Added many new clothing properties for Rando clothes
• Added more Rando depth: cock sizes, breast sizes, hair lengths, etc.
• Added RANDO 05
• Added text colors for Gae, business results, warnings, etc.
• Changed default Unity game quality setting
• Changed effectiveness of resting on couch/watching television
• Changed effectiveness of work actions with passive prep bonuses
• Changed in game font
• Changed Rando descriptions heavily
• Changed Rando gender weights
• Changed saves to no longer capture undo steps. This reduces file sizes and makes more sense since a save is essentially an undo step.
• Changed Unity version to 5.4.3f1
• Fixed a bunch of typos and oddities throughout the game.

The release got delayed due to a bunghole of issues that I ran into, so now the public/Patreon release schedule is all messed up and stuff. I think I'm going to go back to more frequent releases because they keep me focused on one thing at a time rather than going nuts on everything.

I've been working on optimization for the past few days because the more content I've been adding, the slower the game is getting. I actually wrote some multiple partner stuff that should have been in 4.12 but adding all the rules necessary for multiple partners basically fried performance. FUBS 4.13 will be built with Unity 5.5 which incidentally includes some performance improvements in the Unity player that ~should~ help out the little guys like me too.

10 comments:

  1. I would welcome a way for getting a helper (or slave) that supports you with your work (more prepared burgers gotten form prepping, less energy costs etc.)

    Hmm... Just got a crazy idea: How about meeting a scientist that offers to help the player get rid of the "curse"...
    S/he could find that it isn't really a curse but a toll on the body for being able to produce that "special stuff" and finds a way to nullify the lifetime shortening (or at least soften it).

    Also s/he could come up with a artificial way to make a weaker version of the "special sauce"/a way for the PC to produce even more of it without any bad impact

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >I would welcome a way for getting a helper (or slave) that supports you with your work...

      That's definitely what I've been building up to all along and I'm nearly there. I'm planning on having a story character play the role of 'assistant' so that I can test out the mechanics of it. After that I'll move on to phase two where there will be several 'employees' (Randos) working at the Burger Shack. As for jobs I'm thinking: cook, cashier, busser (cleaning), advertiser (person standing outside with a sign to lure people in), customer servicer (working the alley behind the Shack), and bathroom attendant.

      As for why I started the game with the Burger Bus?

      I like the idea of having a progression of doing menial tasks as the solo operator of a food truck, to eventually having several managers and bureaucracy to deal with as the owner of a small enterprise.

      Plus it gave me time to figure out how to generate NPCs and stuff.

      And most of all the story made sense and I'm a slave to my stories even though I am certain that people will enjoy the Shack phase more than the Bus phase.

      >Hmm... Just got a crazy idea: How about meeting a scientist that offers to help the player get rid of the "curse"...

      I like that, and may steal it ^_^. Actually it sounds like it will fit into a story line that I have in mind for later on in the game.

      >Also s/he could come up with a artificial way to make a weaker version of the "special sauce"/a way for the PC to produce even more of it without any bad impact

      I've thought about the problem of how the player can keep up with the demand for ~Sticky Stu's~ as the business grows. I mean sure, the player could just be milked all day every day, but where's the fun in that... okay maybe that needs to be a path.

      Delete
    2. Same anon here.

      Another way could be that the scientist discovers how to produce a "drug" which turns normal people into "minor cursed ones"

      Those ppl would also "produce" the secret ingredient but only as long as they get the drug AND their "ingredient" is less potent than the "original".
      So you could also have your own "farm" from which you can get ingredients (now I want soem milkshakes!)... A evil person may think it will be a industrial farm where the "cows" a restrained to machines and "milked" all day...

      Surely only a truly evil person would do that... And such a person would have no problems hooking up "troublemakers" to those machines...

      :D

      Delete
    3. I really like the sound of that. I hadn't even thought of establishing milking farms but it sounds like something that should happen. Good idea anon.

      Delete
    4. Same anon here. I'm also a supporter on Patreon! So now you have a 50% chance of guessing who I am! :D

      (Small hint: I have the same username on the Fenoxo forums and Patreon)

      Delete
    5. Cool. I feel indebted to you so I've filed your comments as important in my brain cabinet. Unless you are an impostor masquerading as that Patron, in which case, well played anon.

      Delete
    6. Darkfirephoenix is my name, throwing ideas around my game! :D

      Delete
  2. From a guy who makes a lot of money on Patreon to a guy who will hopelly have one someday:
    Build up a following first, THEN start doing patron exclusive content, otherwise only 10 people will ever see those patron only posts.
    And if you can promise monthly updates you should probably change the money sending option to per-update instead of per-month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks monied anon, I'll let that sink into my headspace

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, friend. I hope it really elecrtrified your neurons.
      Also, do some more advertising, nobody knows about your game (and once you have 200 patrons BOOM! Paywall!)

      Delete